I cannot keep track of all the books I’ve read but I’ll try it here. I haven’t read as many books as I would like since the start of the year. Major reading slump. Anyway, Books of the Month is just about the books I’ve read, borrowed in the library or bought in the current month. That’s it in a nut shell. I can’t really call it a book haul because I don’t own all the books I’ll list here, which is so very sad. Lets get to it.
Library Borrowed books:
- Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- I don’t know if I like this book or not…
- Atlantia by Ally Condie
- The Inn of Boonsboro series by Nora Roberts
- The Next Always
- The Last Boyfriend
- The Perfect Hope
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by JK Rowling
- Private by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
- This is about the German invasion of Warsaw, Poland. How the Jews were singled out and treated horrifically. The story follows Misha a homeless boy who has no identity and no family. A story about survival, identity and hope.
- I read this for English but I really enjoyed it. I don’t usually read stories about the Holocaust just because it makes me really sad but this one ended on a happy note.
- Are You Seeing Me? by Darren Groth
- Wonder by RJ Palacio
- I have heard so many good things about this book but I didn’t want to buy it because of the hype. So I waited for a little while which turned into years… But I genuinely want to read this books because it intrigued me and I don’t think I’ve read anything quite like it.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- I’ve read Eleanor and Park, which was okay for me, but I wanted to read another book from her because I feel like her work is good. Its just Eleanor and Park just wasn’t for me.
- Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
- I have been waiting for this book ever since I finished Seraphina 3 years ago and later found out that there was a sequel. I was also there when the publishing year was changed. Yes, I may have cried and hid in my room and reread Seraphina for the third time.
As you can see I read mostly YA but also some adult crime fiction and new adult romance books.
Have you read any of the books above? If so tell me what you thought of them! 😀